Friday, April 03, 2009

So much for THAT idea...

Well, I was going to enforce a one-tech-book-at-a-time-til-it's-read policy, but thanks to my new job, looks like I may have to juggle several to keep up.

On the other hand, I'm not complaining at all about that...I mean, I slaved all day on a project today, all two hours of it.  Yep, two hours...I started working on the project at around 9:30 AM after finishing up a couple of machines, and an hour later stopped for lunch...at 2:30PM.  Another hour later, I had to run out to class, since it was already 5:45 PM and I was going to be late.

I'm positive my math is quite accurate on this one.

The project was a redesign of a website...though "redesign" is probably the wrong word since I'm pretty much building a new one more or less from scratch.  The old one looks like the cutting edge of the net...circa 1994.  About all I'm keeping from the old site is the logo, and I'm even going to be re-doing that.

So, the new site is all shiney HTML 4.01 Strict and CSS 2.1, all new code with nice looking nav buttons, rounded corners, and will probably even have a drop shadow!  All done by hand by your's truly.  By the time I'm done, the logo will be a 3D animated gif that spins, there will be an email form powered by PHP, and a gallery powered by Javascript.  I might even be doing some Flash work, though that is undecided at this point...we DO want to get it done THIS month, after all.

So, that was my day...how've you been?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home