Sunday, March 15, 2009

Who was that masked man?

Well, this is the fourth attempt at typing this post, so my nerves are getting very thin right now, so bear with me.

I've been doing some work behind the scenes to update not only my template, but my old posts to a new scheme that I will be using from this post on.  I've converted or partially converted all posts back to my 100 hit announcement.  If you don't notice any difference...good, it should look the same, that's the point.

"So, what did you do differently if I'm not supposed to notice it?"

Well, I changed my template to have the formatting options I use on all my posts built in...although in theory this will not change anything, it means I don't have to specify it each time, allowing me to be a little lazier.  Well, it also removes a potential consistancy issue in case I mustypo spmething in the code, and looking back, there were a few mistakes made.  I've also been stripping out that code from my old posts so it will use the defaults.  This means I can change the style of all my posts just by editing the CSS in the template, rather than having to go through almost 50 posts to make a font color change (which is a number that is only growing).

Anyway, I was looking through my old posts and was thinking about whether or not to use images anymore.  I haven't used a single image on this site since March '06, three years ago.  I chalk that up to laziness more than anything else.  If I had posted this last night like I intended (I hope those three drafts tasted good, Blogger...grr), I would have said I'm going to focus on increasing my post frequency before worrying about finding the right images to use with my posts, but looking through it today, I realized something: My posts were more interesting when I used pictures.  So, I'm going to return to the bright, cheerful days when I happily and gleefuly splattered pictures all over your screen, because it makes me happy.

So, I was reading some of those old posts, and I couldn't help but think to myself "Who is this guy, and whatever happened to him?"  Frankly, I don't feel anywhere near as connected, smart, intense, witty or funny as I came across back then (at least, to myself I did).  Where did that go?  Did something happen to me to make me lose something?  Perhaps.  Maybe it was just my time away from here that did it to me.

A lot has happened in my life since I stopped posting here.  Other than getting married, though, much of it has not been positive.  There have been some cool things, though, and I intend to share them with you, if you chose to stick around and read about them.  Who knows?  Maybe a little bit of my old self will come back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home