Sunday, April 23, 2006

One More Day In Paradise

Okay, Gentoo did not work right the first three or four tries, so I reinstalled Ubuntu (had to to make sure Windows works right...long story, or at least one I don't feel like relaying). I decided that I am okay with having to do things CLI style for now if I have to, but then, it wouldn't even work that way! Well, that was the last straw, as I was doing something pretty easy with the CLI (so easy, even I could do it! At least, on any other distro).

So, I have declaired Ubuntu dead to me for the time being. I will give it one (and probably only one at this point) more shot when Dapper Drake comes out. That is the version that they are working on right now, slated for release in June. Don't ask...they like using cute, cuddly names for their releases. Their versions so far have included Warty Warthog, Hoary Hedgehog, and Breezy Badger. The one that they have just announced will be worked on after Dapper Drake is Edgy Eft. To quote Whinny the Pooh: "Oh, bother".

Anyway, I am pulling out for now. All I will say is that the problems I am having simply should not be having, not on a "just run it and go" style like this (not even on an advanced one, as it was keeping me from running my stuff in the CLI [which is short for Command Line Interface, in case you were wondering], too). This is not a matter of wanting things to work like Windows...this is a matter of wanting things to work, period, without having to tear apart the system!

So, I am not ready to post reviws about those movies yet, but will soon!

BTW, Ellie, I thought you didn't do movies much, yet you are wondering why my reviews aren't up yet? Isn't that a bit hypocritical of you? (remember, if I pick on you here, it is probably all in good fun, not in meanness meant)

6 Comments:

At 9:14 AM, April 23, 2006, Blogger Chuck fka: Meanie thinks...

me made ant ewee doe tu Ice Age 2 wiff me doe don be doe hawd on ant ewee Jeffrey! hehehe

 
At 3:07 PM, April 24, 2006, Blogger Chuck fka: Meanie thinks...

hi Jeffrey!

 
At 11:38 PM, April 24, 2006, Blogger Jeffrey E. Hunter thinks...

Hey, Meanie!

Wanted to let you know, I play a game called Dungeons and Dragons. I'm the Dungeon Master for my group. I made a charicter last week to follow the players around and give them help and play with them! It was a young psudodragon...guess what I named him!

 
At 3:14 PM, April 27, 2006, Blogger jamwall thinks...

i have commandeered wicked truth!

 
At 11:02 AM, May 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous thinks...

Erm, this is wierding me out. :(

 
At 12:37 PM, May 12, 2006, Blogger Jeffrey E. Hunter thinks...

Don't let it, Betz...Jamwall is a member of the Wicked Truth, a place that I used to frequent when it updated regularly under the command of a Mr. Hand...Hand has had some issues come up, and has not posted much this last month, but will be back soon, we're hoping.

Jamwall has taken over temporarily, and has been going around making sure everyone knows, bless his cowbell-ringing heart.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home