Thursday, April 09, 2009

And so, it begins....

Okay, no image, just a quick update...mostly because I can't see well enough to even find a bloody image.

So, what's the post about? An "update" to my wife's computer, the one that has been giving me nothing but trouble lately, and was showing no sign of letting up. The system had Gentoo installed on it with KDE 3.5.9, and something on her desktop had a memory leak big enough to drive an aircraft carrier through. I was going to try to stick the course, but it is her computer, and she hasn't been getting very much use out of it. Not to mention, with my new job I really don't have enough time to futz with it anymore, so I decided to install Fedora 10 on it instead.

Fedora 10 has thus far impressed me on other systems I've installed it on, so I decided to give it a shot with this system...after installing (which was hit-and-miss selection of options, since it put the resolution low enough that all the "Next" buttons were off screen), I'm now fighting with it to give me a resolution other than 720x400.

Yuck.

Anyway, updates just finished, so I'm going to try something real fast before bed. Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home