Friday, April 24, 2009

Sometimes, it Sucks Being the Best

I never thought I would say this, but right now, I'm hating Opera for being such an awsome web browser...simply the best.  Why do I hate it?  The two days that I spent developing a Javascript gallery using it and its development tools, and in spite of not using any proprietary Opera code techniques (I don't even know if they have any), it works perfectly in Opera, and not at all in anything else.  Yep.  Firefox 2 and 3, IE 6, 7 and 8, Safari and Chrome all act the same with it...load the basic text and graphics, but then completely fail to attribute any of the actions I linked to the images.

You see, you are supposed to be able to navigate to the different parts of the gallery by clicking on the images, and sift through gallery categories with a drop down.  Kinda useless if it only shows one item to 97% of the world's online community.

I don't know if I should be angry with Opera for kicking so much butt as to actually work correctly, angry with everyone else for sucking so hard!!!, or just curl up in a fucking ball and cry for a while.

.............the last option is sounding appealing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home