Thursday, February 02, 2006

Then, The Wise Man Said: "PTTTHHHH!!"


Well, a quick update, as I am meeting my fiancée in forty-five minutes. This last week has been strange, to say the least. First of all, my job did not start on Monday as I thought it would, so I have been supplementing with daily labor (more on that in a future post). I just found out today that I will probably start next Monday, and to top it off, I had to print and fax the hire documents to them! As I do not have a fax machine, a printer, or a notary public friend (I had to notarize the I-9), I had to take it to Kinko's and spent almost forty bucks just to get the stuff to them!

Now, this week, the hard wood floors were supposed to be put in, right? Well, the wood that the company sent the installers was different than the wood that she had already gotten, so they had to fight with them to take the stuff back and get them to send us the right stuff, and now the house is going to be torn up for yet another week!

So, I spent Monday painting the hallway, and last night after working all day at manual labor, I came over to her house to paint her bedroom before they put in the new carpet today (we're re-carpeting the bedrooms). I did the entire wall and ceiling in a slightly rich sky blue, and it looks great! She did the cut-in on the corners, near the ceiling and floor, and around the doors and window. Started that at 6PM, didn't get done ‘til after 10:30...we were exhausted.


So, I stayed at her place this morning to wait for the carpet installers...the "sandstorm" color that she chose is a nice, medium light tan, kinda like beach sand, and looks great with the sky-blue-like paint on the walls and ceiling. Now we just need clouds.

Also, sticking with the good news of the week, the 220 electricity circuit at my house was finally replaced, so we now have a central heater, dryer, and stove/oven again after being without for seemingly a month now. Yay!

Anyway, that's about all there is to report from my life, outside of the horror story from working at an insurance auto auction for a day. Thrilling! Terrifying! Shocking!

Okay, not nearly that exciting, but I will still post about it, just later.

Tootles!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home