Wednesday, February 15, 2006

The Geek Chic

Once again, it has been a couple days since last I posted, so here I am again. This time, I am not here to bitch and moan (it's nice to have things on a positive note from time to time). Instead, a quick catch up on some of the things that I have read lately.


Recently, I picked up a book on Python Programming (I mentioned this last post), and have been reading. I have yet to code anything, but that is because I'm not so sure I really need to type print 'hello, world' to see that it will, indeed, put out hello, world on my monitor. However, I will start coding the examples next week to get my toes wet. Will let you know if the piranhas are biting.

Next, I found an article by USA Today about the Geek Chic, and I found it rather interesting. Yes, I am a geek, but you knew that already. I particularly liked the definition of geek that they gave us: "someone who is inquisitive, thinks on his or her own, who is a little bit off-center, who doesn't follow the crowd." I couldn't have said it better myself.

Also, though a bit old, I feel these are quite amusing. If you haven't checked out the Bastard Operator from Hell, and you have ever, even for a day, had to put up with customers wining about their computer not working, check it out right now! Don't wait one more second!

Also, I want to make note that yesterday was Valentine's Day, and that I indeed did take my fiancée out. We went to see a movie, Brokeback Mountain, and I have to tell you, I thought it was great! I will post a review of it as soon as I can motivate myself to (I'm not great at reviewing, so I have to push myself to get it written...just don't expect it to be a great review, and if it is, make sure I didn't rip it off of some legitimate reviewer)

Well, that's about all I have time for tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home