Sunday, February 12, 2006

Gods, Penguins and Pythons

Okay, well, today I decided to begin my journey as a programmer. I picked up a book on Python programming, and have finished reading the preface that tells all the crap about the book, the authors, and how thankful the authors are that they have this wonderful language to write about, this wonderful company that will produce it, these wonderful people what have supported them, and all the wonderful people who are now or will read the bloody thing.

So, if you want to count things in steps, my current step is that my ass is still firmly on the couch, and my feet are still up on the coffee table. However, this will change shortly as I go through the week.

I'm thinking about getting myself onto a programmer's forum after I write some code.

Anyway, not much interesting going on, outside of a few bitch and gripe sessions I've had on the phone with other people. I really should record my conversations, because I come up with some great material in the moment that I forget in twenty minutes. That would give me so much more stuff to blog about.

Like the conversation I had with my mother about the discrepancies with religion, the unanswered questions of the cosmos and how god is not a satisfactory answer, as well as what we do know and how it would fit into the grand scheme of things. You know, bullshitting. We also talked about how the industrialization of our nation and our global society came by knowledge, but without the wisdom or the discipline to use it right. How many other nations want the level of comfort and living that is enjoyed by the US, but do not realize that the US is living a lie, that we will burn out this planet on our own, let alone if other nations take our lead.

Well, I'm not really into that topic right now, but I will probably address that another day.

As for my choice today to learn Python, that is because it is supposed to be one of the easiest to use and learn, as well as highly versatile and useful. Also, I think it interfaces well with Linux, and I have wanted to learn more about the inner workings of that.

Well, that is about all I have for today. I will post more soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home