Thursday, January 19, 2006

Hello, World.

Okay, so not that creative a title for my first blog, but there you have it. Hello, world. Reminds me of the first thing any programmer ever makes his computer tell him to learn how to program.

Anyway, as this is my first blog, I thought I would start by telling you a little about myself. My name is Jeffrey Hunter, and I am a computer geek by trade (don't call me a nerd unless you like to watch my face turn interesting colors of green). Yes, the cat is out of the bag. I'm the sort of geek that once, for fun, downloaded Linux, then thought "This is too confusing! It's all so horribly...different! Cool!" and proceeded to sit down to carelessly hack away at it until I started being able to do something with it. I will never forget the feeling of sheer glee when I first figured out how to mount a file system. You would think I had solved cold fusion. Go figure.

But, that is the mind of a geek for you. Learning is everything, knowledge is power.

Well, I know this is rather short, but I realize I don't know what to say (like I said, I've never written one of these before...this is new to me). Give me time. I'll warm up to it, I'm sure.

I just hope my next post doesn't sound so banal and dull.

3 Comments:

At 4:56 AM, January 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous thinks...

Well done you! A friend of mine will be so happy he has inspired another blogger! :)

 
At 8:02 PM, January 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous thinks...

hi hunter, as a class project i am to research blogs and so as to make one of my own, over the pass few weeks i've been reading many and i must say this is my first comment to any , 'YOU've done a great job! i look forward to reading more..

 
At 3:07 PM, January 27, 2006, Blogger Jeffrey E. Hunter thinks...

I'm glad that I have impressed, fellow programmer. I hope, however, by your name you are not implying that you think I am a programmer, for then I would have to let you down. While I am reading about C++ and some Linux scripting, I am by no means even a beginner. I have yet to write a single line of code, and only one script thus far. However, I will be studying more on that soon. Any books you think would be good to teach myself?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home